Ocean Conservation Day
Save the Date. Save the Ocean.
SOS Ocean Conservation Day is Rescheduled to Saturday, August 7
Now in its 4th year, SOS Ocean Conservation Day is a free, one day, outdoor event not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean and the efforts to preserve and protect our living coral reef ecosystems.
🐟 The SOS Mission this year: PROTECT THE ECOSYSTEM
🐢 Within the SOS Ocean Conservation area, ocean/marine conservation groups will engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level – which we so desperately need: corals – manatees – lionfish – beach/ocean debris – sharks – sea turtles – manta rays – whales – lobstering – water quality – wildlife rescue – mangroves – fishing regulations – ocean safety and more.
🐬 Keep an eye out for the colorful SOS Debris Art Donation Boxes located at each non-profit tent. 100% of the donations will go to the group(s) you would like to support to help them continue their efforts here in South Florida.
🎫 GO CASH FREE! PRE-PURCHASE DONATION TICKETS. 🎫
- 10 TICKETS FOR $10.
- Pick Your Tickets Up at Will Call, or
- If You Are Unable To Attend, you can signify at checkout you wish your donation to be pooled and shared with all of the nonprofits at the event
🦈 OUTREACH & ACTIVITIES
- Shoreline Cleanup with Sun of A Beach Cleanup 8am – 11am
- Yoga on the Lawn with Lisa Pumper 9:30am – 10:45am. $10 p/p, kids 16 and under are free with adult
- Organic Farmers Market & Local Vendors
- Raffle Drawing for (2) 2021 Tortuga Music Festival Weekend Passes ( $239 value each)
- Fort Lauderdale Police Department “comet” trailer
- Collect outreach and educational materials
- Live lionfish safety demos with Force-E Scuba Center
- Lionfish Zookeeper LCU Charley Schram and Rosalie Oplaka
- Free Sea Turtle Oversight Protection tattoos
- Conservation vendors
- Pop-Up Mural Art
- Kids water fountain playground
- On-going documentary videos by Sereia Films
- Live Mermaid Amethyst and strolling characters
- Hands-on fun under every tent
♻️ During the event we will have conservation groups educating the community on how to become more eco-friendly. We encourage all event goers to bring their own ocean-friendly drink ware to help continue the ongoing mission to ban plastic in our community.
Together, we can change and work towards a clean, healthy ocean planet.www.stokedonsalt.com
2021 Ocean Conservation Vendors:
Shark4Kids – Broward County Sea Turtle Conservation Program – Friends Of Our Florida Reefs, Florida’s Coral Reef – Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection – Heal The Planet – Sea Turtle Oversight Protection – FTL Beach Sweep – American Shark Conservancy – Force E Scuba Centers & Zookeeper LCU Charley Schram Lionfish Demos – MangroLife – Sea Scouts Ship 339 – Surfrider Foundation Broward Chapter – Mermaid Amethyst – Int’l SeaKeepers Society – UM Rescue A Reef Program – So. Florida Wildlife Center – World Famous Parrot Lounge, Shark Junkie w/ Trashy Girl Collective, Scuba Network – FL Keys Lionfish Jewelry – Miami-Dade Sea Turtle Conservation Program – Sereia Films – Camilla Limon – Ft Laud Police Dept “comet” trailer – Clay Cache – Latitude26 Customs – MeShell Crafts