Building off our four pillars of engagement “F.A.M.E.”, and a mission to provide Infinite Experience for Everyone Under the Sun, the inaugural Caribbean American Heritage Month Cultural Celebration at Las Olas Oceanside Park will showcase the exciting FOOD, ART, MUSIC, and ENTERTAINMENT.
Join us for this free, family-friendly month-long celebration, presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District, to celebrate the rich and thriving part of the Caribbean culture in South Florida.
Local Food Vendors, Restaurants & Food Trucks
- Backa Yaadcooking & Amore – Caribbean Soul Food
- Coconut Bar – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Coco Market – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Dip-In Empanadas – Caribbean Fusion
- Dynamic Cuisines – Jamaican Cuisine
- Fin’s Kitchen – Haitian-Infused Cuisine
- Fresh Organics & More – Caribbean Fruit Smoothies & Fresh Cut Fruit
- Minx International – Jamaican Cuisine
- Nocturnal – Jamaican Jerk Cuisine ( Seafood )
ARTISTS & MAKERS: Spotlight Caribbean
Plus a full marketplace of 4-dozen local food, art, and makers
FOR THE KIDS
- Sunday: Colors of the Caribbean with Haitian-American Artist, Djerlins “DJ” Chery
Music and Dance are a central part of the Caribbean culture.
From Calypso, Reggae, and Soca to Salsa, Merengue, and Dancehall the tropical beats of the Islands will keep the party going all weekend long.
Saturday, June 24
- 10:00 – 11:30: Oriente Cuban Trio
- 11:30 – 1:00: 4 time Grammy Winner, Tomasito Cruz Quartet
- 2:00 – 4:00: Diva All Stars Cuban Quintet
- 2:45 pm Cooking Demonstrations with Taste of the Islands Chef Irie, sponsored by GraceFoods and Royal Prestige
Sunday, June 25
- 10 am – 11:00 am Socaton Workout with the South Florida Caribbean Conference in honor of Men’s Health Month
- 11:00 – 3:30 pm DJ Gangalee
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm Singer/Songwriter, Julien Believe
- 2:00 pm Cooking Demonstrations with Chef Vicky Colas, sponsored by GraceFoods and Royal Prestige
- Junkanoo Dance Performances & More