Caribbean American Heritage Month Celebration
Join us for the inaugural Caribbean American Heritage Month Cultural Celebration at Las Olas Oceanside Park, June 2 – 4 as we showcase the exciting FOOD, ART, MUSIC, and ENTERTAINMENT scene which are a rich and thriving part of the Caribbean culture in South Florida.
Building off our four pillars of engagement “F.A.M.E.”, and a mission to provide Infinite Experience for Everyone Under the Sun, the inaugural Caribbean American Heritage Month Cultural Celebration at Las Olas Oceanside Park will showcase the exciting FOOD, ART, MUSIC, and ENTERTAINMENT.
Join us for this free, family-friendly weekend, presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District, to celebrate the rich and thriving part of the Caribbean culture in South Florida.
ALL REGISTERED TICKET HOLDERS will be entered into a drawing to win
- One of Twenty (20) pairs of VIP tickets to attend the Caribbean American Film Festival, June 15 – 18, including 2 tickets to the opening night reception and film on June 15 (Time TBD) featuring samples of Caribbean Cuisine, regional drinks, live music, and displays presented by the Island Space Museum, plus all other films and events June 16, 17, and 18 at Savor Cinema, with FREE small popcorn and/or other drinks or lite bites. Sponsored by the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival and Savor Cinemas.
- One Family-Pack of Four (4) Baseline Reserved Tickets to a mutually agreed upon Marlins 2023 Regular Season Home Game. Some restrictions apply. Courtesy of the Florida Marlins
FOOD: Tastes of the Caribbean
Taste of the Islands Cooking Demonstrations
Cooking Demonstrations hosted by Chef Irie presented by Grace Foods.
Saturday 1 pm and 2:45 pm; Sunday 1:30 pm
Culinary Cookware supplied by Royal Prestige
Local Food Vendors, Restaurants & Food Trucks
- Alexandra’s Caribbean Restaurant – Caribbean Cuisine
- Backa’ Yard – Caribbean Soul Food – Jamaican Cuisine
- The Caribe Vegan – Caribbean, Dominican Cuisine
- Coconut Bar – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Coco Market – Coconut Water & Coconut Ice Cream
- Cuz & Dem Seafood Shack – Caribbean Conch
- Di Big Jerk – Jamaican Cuisine
- Dynamic Cuisines – Jamaican Cuisine
- Fresh Organics & More – Caribbean Fruit Smoothies & Fresh Cut Fruit
- Fins Kitchen – Haitian Cuisine
- Manca – Caribbean Empanadas
- Nocturnal – Jamaican Jerk Cuisine ( Seafood )
ARTISTS & MAKERS: Spotlight Caribbean
Plus a full marketplace of 4-dozen local food, art, and makers
- ASMI Designs – ( Barbados ) Head Wraps, Twists, and Custom Accessories
- BMG Bags ( Bahamas ) – Accessories
- CC Clip Designs – ( Bahamas ) – Handmade & Custom Designed Sarongs & Custom Clips
- Erena’s Closet ( Cuba ) Handmade Linen Clothing & Macrame Accessories
- Gama Sabedra Gallery – ( Cuba ) Artist, Yennit Hernández
- Kens Jammin’ Jelly – Scotch Bonnet & Mango Jellies
- La Moda Accessories ( Haiti ) – Custom Designed Fashion Jewelry
- Melna Skin ( Haiti ) – Artisan Soap Bars
- Rêve Jewelry & Accessories ( Jamaica ) Handmade Jewelry & Accessories
- Rich and Clear Spa ( Haiti ) Beauty Products; Photo Ops & Giveaways
- Sea Moss for Life ( St Lucia ) Seamoss Gels and Drinks
- Tessie’s Teas ( Jamaica ) All Natural Teas
FOR THE KIDS
- Saturday & Sunday: Caribbean Fashions Selfie Station sponsored by Island Space Caribbean Museum
- Saturday: Face Painting sponsored by Brion Ross Law Group
- Sunday: Colors of the Caribbean with Haitian-American Artist, Djerlins “DJ” Chery
Music and Dance are a central part of the Caribbean culture.
From Calypso, Reggae, and Soca to Salsa, Merengue, and Dancehall the tropical beats of the Islands will keep the party going all weekend long.
Friday, June 2: The Sounds of Jamaica
Hosted by Lifetime Achievement Award winner for the International Reggae & World Music Awards, and DJ Host of Reggae Runnin’s on HOT 105 FM, TANTO IRIE
- 7:00 – 8:30 – Hot 105 DJ Disco Impulse
- 8:30 – 10:00 – Jamaican Music Hall of Fame Inductees; 2-time Grammy Nominee Inner Circle The Bad Boys of Reggae
- 10:30 pm – VIP Meet & Greet; Courtyard Pool Deck – limited to 100 ppl, ticket required
Saturday, June 3: The Sounds of Cuba
- 10:00 – 11:30: Oriente, Afro-Cuban Jazz
- 11:30 – 1:00: 4 time Grammy Winner, Tomasito Cruz Quartet
- 2:00 – 3:30: Diva All Stars Cuban Quintet
Sunday, June 4: The Sounds of the Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago
Hosted by “Music Ambassador of The Bahamas”, Julien Believe
- 10:00 – 11:00 am Socaton Dance & Fitness hosted by South Florida Caribbean Conference
- 11:30 – 1:30 pm Pan Paradise Steel Pan Band
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm Singer/Songwriter, Julien Believe
- 11:30 – 3:30 pm DJ Ganglee
- Junkanoo Dance Performances & More
Spend the Weekend With Us!
Immerse yourself in the blue waves of our world-class beach, steps from Las Olas Oceanside Park, and the sophisticated energy of the city at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, the host hotel, for Caribbean American Heritage Weekend. CLICK HERE for special room night rates.
View All Lodging and Dining options on Fort Lauderdale Beach at: myfortlauderdalebeach.com