Sunday by the Shore
Connect with your neighbors and make new friends at the new Sunday by the Shore community gathering and building event.
Join us monthly for Sunday by the Shore at Las Olas Oceanside Park
Bring your picnic blanket and lawn chair, or borrow one of ours, then plan to settle in.
There is no perfect place to connect with your neighbors and make new friends than during our new monthly event.
The morning to afternoon will feature
- 9 am – 4pm: Shop & Stroll Marketplace featuring an array of fresh ready to eat food, handmade and homemade goods, antiques, home furnishings, garden supplies, clothing and accessories
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Restorative Yoga Class with Shay Palmer, founder + owner of Mission Yoga. The class will be grounding, fun, and accessible for all yoga lovers. We’ll catch some ocean breeze and sun as we flow through a dynamic sequence of postures and breathwork. Register Here.
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Community Art Project with local artist Djerlens “DJ” Chery. Chery will lead attendees in an interactive class where they will paint ocean scenes depicted in the commissioned artwork, he created for the Fort Lauderdale Beach lifeguard tower wraps. View Details.
- 11:00 am – 2 pm: Live Music during your picnic brunch or while playing games on the Main Lawn.
On March 13 we welcome Steeltown Religion, performing a range of songs you know and love from yesterday and today
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Lawn Games including Pickleball, Checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe, and more
Look What We Can Do in ’22
Second Sunday also is part of the “Look What We Can Do In ’22” Campaign in an effort to raise funds necessary to support active and passive programming related to public health classes, arts and cultural experiences, and additional services to create a welcoming year-round gathering space. The community is encouraged to support the efforts through recurring sponsorships in increments of $22, either once a year ($22/year), once a month ($264/year), once a week ($1,144/year), or once a day ($8,030/year). The LOOP is also actively seeking community partners to commit a one-time annual sponsorship of $2,022, and ten corporate partners to sponsor at the level of $2,022 per month. Pending sponsor levels benefits include LOOP swag, exclusive discounts on ticketed events; vendor booths; entry to monthly giveaways; an e-newsletter subscription; inclusion in promotional materials and social media, recognition on The LOOP’s Community Sponsor and Partners page, and more. To get involved, please visit theloopflb.com/become-a-sponsor.